And it's called "Do What You Love." It's an E-course ( dowhatyouloveforlife.com ), self-paced with daily prompts to complete a "travel log" of self-discovery over the course of five weeks. I'm starting the fifth week today, and I'm realizing that I'm much farther along in the process of doing what I love than I thought. And that is a good thing, ladies and gentlemen.
Sometimes I think we're so worried that we'll do the wrong thing, or that we have absolutely no idea what to start with that we remain static. Static is NOT a good thing, ladies and gentlemen. Especially now, when time's a wastin.'
After spending the past year or so finding my way to this point, I've found that many of my "tribe" (because let's face it, if you're an artist alone in a studio, a tribe is a must) are in the same boat. We know we've got this thing...you may call it talent...that we may have used for a career and are now reinventing into a new career, or we might just be starting from scratch, but to us is just a part of who we are. It's not something we really learned, though we're still learning how to improve it, or exploring different avenues of using it. It IS US.
That said, here I am at 54 embarking on an entirely new adventure that I had no idea was even a thing! And that is exciting, ladies and gentlemen. Here's why:
• My husband commented the other day that in the entire 17 years we've been married, he's never seen me "draw so much." I literally have a pad and pen or pencil with me at all times. What could be better than that?
• I am taking the thing that I love more than any THING and I am making it my work, which makes it not WORK at all.
• While generally a happy person by nature, I AM EVEN HAPPY IN THIS HORRID WINTER, because I am busy doing what I love to do. SERIOUSLY.
• I am feeling so excited and energized about the future, about what I'm doing with my time, that it's almost all I think about. This is a big one for me, because I've always had ideas, but not "THE" idea.
• Because I'm being creative, my mind is full of other creative thoughts, other ideas, that I feel are all possible for my future.
• I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING. I've got this. I can't lose.
And that, ladies and gentlemen is a good feeling. Doing what you love. I highly recommend it.